The "Emerging Young Leaders" is one of the 2010-2014 signature programs of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. for middle school girls. Consisting of four AKAdemies, the program is designed to extend the vision of the sorority by cultivating and encouraging high scholastic achievement through:
The Goal is to impact middle school girls by offering tools to help them develop life-long skills in the following areas:Advocacy, Leadership, Community Service, Environment Sustainability, Technology, Financial Literacy, Higher Education, and Non-Traditional Careers for Women.
The Emerging Young Leaders Program designed by Delta Iota Omega Chapter” will develop the skills and talents of middle school girls in the Pensacola community (grades 6, 7, and 8) who have the potential for becoming leaders within their local communities.
The program is open to middle school girls in grades 6, 7, and 8.
· The applicant must be currently enrolled in school.
· The applicant must submit a completed counselor/teacher recommendation form.
· The applicant must submit a completed application form.
· The applicant must submit documentation to verify that she is making progress in school and that she regularly attends school.
· The applicant must submit a written personal statement (minimum of 500 words) which articulates why she desires to be in the Emerging Young Leaders program.
· The applicant must agree to follow instructions, be cooperate and be well behaved while participating in the program.
· The applicant must submit a completed parental consent and release form.
Look for Upcoming Events Soon: